Sometime ago Sony Pictures was hacked and a bunch of internal memos and emails were leaked out. Courtesy of those emails, it looks like Sony was planning to make a Super Smash Bros. and Pokemon movie. We’ve already heard about them wanting to make a Mario movie, but now we know they were looking to make a Super Smash Bros. and Pokemon movie as well!
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo and GameTruck are teaming up to deliver truckloads of squids and ink to parties across the country this summer. Starting this June, the entire fleet of more than 100 GameTruck vehicles will be splattered in the bright, bold colors of Splatoon, the upcoming action shooter video game exclusively for Nintendo’s Wii U system. The vehicles will all feature ink splashes and squid characters called Inklings from the game. And on the inside, some TVs on every truck will be outfitted with a Wii U system and the game.
GameTruck delivers a fun video game experience to major metropolitan areas in 25 states around the country. The trucks bring gaming experiences directly to private consumer events and parties with over 100 trucks fully equipped with the latest video games. There are even game experts on board to give tips, tricks and training. The trucks roll right up to the location of the party to provide a no-hassle way for party planners to give their attendees a fun experience they’ll never forget.
Splatoon gives players the goal of covering as much territory as possible with their ink-spewing weapons. The game, which is scheduled to launch exclusively for Wii U on May 29, features four-on-four online team matches, as well as a full single-player mode that takes players deeper into the game’s unique world and characters.
The inky action of Splatoon delivers a burst of fun to any party. GameTruck’s onboard Splatoon experts are ready to run kids through a rigorous SplatoonTraining program, arming them with the best strategies to take them to victory. The birthday kid will also receive a Splatoon series amiibo figure, while supplies last.
Although the trucks with Splatoon won’t hit the road until June, party planners can start reserving them now. For more information about how to reserve a GameTruck packed with Splatoon fun, please visit www.gametruck.com.
- StreetPass Mii Plaza on Nintendo 3DS
- Battleground Z and Ultimate Angler – The next evolution of StreetPass Mii Plaza has arrived with new features and two new games! Fight your way through hordes of zombies in Battleground Z, or kick back and reel in a few fish and some legendary monsters on the StreetPass Islands inUltimate Angler. Buy either game for $4.99 each or both for $7.99, and purchase StreetPass Mii Plaza Upgrade for $4.99 to unlock several new features like StreetPass Birthdays and a Mii character VIP Room.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- 3D Fantasy Zone II W – First released for the SEGA Master System in 1987 as a sequel to 1986’s Fantasy Zone, 3D Fantasy Zone II W is the fan-favorite scrolling shooter in which players control a sentient spaceship named Opa-Opa to fight surreal invader enemies. The remastered version upgrades all graphics from System E to System 16 optical standards and combines stereoscopic 3D visuals with a host of additional features to provide players with cutting-edge game-play experience with a classic feel. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- DOOORS – When one door closes, DOOORS opens on Nintendo 3DS! In order to escape from the rooms that you have been locked in, you’ll have to solve puzzles and discover secrets in order to open the mysterious doors. Get your brain ready to search the rooms for hidden puzzles, unravel their mysteries and escape through door after door. You’ll have to use wit and intuition to make your escape. Click here to view a trailer for the game.
- Virtual Console on Wii U
- Donkey Kong 64 – With his mechanical isle stuck off the shores of DK Island, K. Rool kidnaps the Kong family to distract Donkey Kong in this Nintendo 64 classic. It’s up to our furry hero to rescue his friends, reclaim his Golden Bananas and save his homeland from certain doom. Choose from five Kong members as you play solo in a quirky adventure or with friends in competitive battle arenas.
- Super Smash Bros. Update
- Required Super Smash Bros. Update for Online Play – A new software update for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is now available! Users will be required to download this update prior to using the game’s online multiplayer features. After the update, players can also purchase more costumes for their Mii Fighters, including ones inspired by Mega Man X and Proto Man from Capcom’s Mega Man series. Clickhere for more information about the Mii Fighter costumes.
Nintendo eShop Sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- Super Spring Sale! It’s the last chance to save during the Super Spring Sale! Visit http://www.nintendo.com/eshop/offers to check out great deals and save up to 30 percent off on select games. The Super Spring Sale ends April 20 at 8:59 a.m. PT.
- Darts Up and Darts Up 3D from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 14.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Wii U
- Paparazzi is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 28.
- Lucadian Chronicles DLC is 37 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $4.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on April 21 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 28.
- Costume Quest 2 is 33 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $9.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on April 17 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 24.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Castle Conqueror EX, Fairune and Parking Star 3D from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on May 7.
- Code of Princess, Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl and more from ATLUS are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on April 20 until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 27.
- Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on April 30.
- International StreetPass Week
- Take your Nintendo 3DS system on a whirlwind tour without leaving your hometown! From April 16 to April 26, collect up to six Mii characters from across Europe, the United States and Canada when you stop by a Nintendo Zone location. U.S. and Canada visitors will even get a special Mii of Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo of America. Find a Nintendo Zone hotspot near you here.
- Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Declaration” Tournament
- See how your Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with their friends and around the world. The new “Declaration” tournament runs through April 20. Opt in via the SpotPass feature for notifications on future tournaments, and click here for more information on multiplayer tournaments. Good luck, agents!
- Mega May is Back! – Vote Today
- During the entire month of May, Nintendo and Capcom are celebrating our favorite blue bomber, Mega Man, with six game releases on the Virtual Console service for Wii U. The Game Boy Advance versions of Mega Man Zero 2, Mega Man Battle Network 3 Blue, Mega Man Battle Network 3 White, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Red Sun, Mega Man Battle Network 4 Blue Moon and Mega Man & Bass will land on the Nintendo eShop throughout the month. Click here to vote for the first game of Mega May, which will release May 7. Voting is open until 11:59 p.m. PT on April 29.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
- New themes this week include:
- Yoshi’s Springtime Siesta
Permanent Price Reduction:
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Breezeblox is reduced to $4.99 (from $9.99) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on April 16.
Also new this week:
The New Nintendo 3DS XL system continues to inject growth into Nintendo’s hand-held business, and the momentum created for Wii U in 2014 has carried over into 2015. Take these two elements, add in fun, exclusive titles starring some of the biggest names in gaming, and overall sales of Nintendo hardware systems so far in 2015 have increased by nearly 60 percent over sales during the same time frame in 2014.
Other Nintendo sales highlights include:
- Total hardware sales in 2015 have increased by nearly 80 percent over sales during the first three months of 2014.
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D added more than 184,000 total units in its second month, bringing lifetime sales to more than 730,000 total units.
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS added more than 110,000 total units in its sixth month on the market, bringing its lifetime total to 2.4 million units.
- Total hardware sales in 2015 have increased by more than 20 percent over sales during the first three months of 2014.
- Mario Party 10 launched on March 20 and sold nearly 290,000 total units in its first two weeks.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Mario Kart 8 continue to sell well in their respective fifth and 11th months on the market, bringing their lifetime totals to nearly 1.6 million total units and more than 1.9 million total units, respectively.
The momentum for Nintendo software and systems should continue over the next few months thanks to a strong lineup of software that includes the just-released Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (New Nintendo 3DS XL, April 10) and Splatoon (Wii U, May 29) games.
*Data regarding physical sales of games in March are from the NPD Group. Data regarding digital downloads of games and combined physical/digital life-to-date numbers are from Nintendo’s internal sales figures. All numbers, unless otherwise stated, are specific to the United States only.
Did you know that there is actually a hidden feature on the Wii U where you can access a menu to turn off sleep mode for an external hard drive hooked up to your system? This could help with pauses & choppiness in games when your hard drive has gone to sleep. Here is how you can access the hidden menu:
1. Go to settings.
2. Go to data management.
3. Press and hold down on the D-Pad for half a second.
4. While holding down down on the D-Pad, press and hold the + and – buttons and keep holding them
5. You will see the prompt above
The above two sound clips were supposedly found in the patch data for Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U, and they apparently reveal that Fire Emblem’s Roy and Ryu from Street Fighter might be joining the game.The people at The Cutting Room Floor stand by this information, so do you think we’ll see these characters in Smash Bros.?
The above image comes from the latest trailer for Runbow where they revealed several indie characters that will be making an appearance in the game, and this image reveals that more are on the way! Can you make out any of the silhouettes? I think I spy Max from Mutant Mudds, but I could be wrong!
The following is coming from the Red Goddess Dev Team:
“We’re tuning and polishing Red Goddess to make it more fun. This means that we’re paying attention to detail, getting everything perfect, there are still a few more finishing touches required before launch. However, we regret to inform you that Red Goddess will be delayed. Red Goddess for PlayStation 4 in late June 2015, while Windows, Mac and Linux PC and the console versions for the Xbox One will arrive in December 2015. The Wii U and Vita consoles will arrive on 1Q 2016″
Not content to sit on his laurels after taking office, Citizens of Earth’s Vice President of the World mobilized his Political Action Traction Committee for Hope (patch) to get the Senate Sub-committee in charge of loading times to update the game with some important fixes. Now fans and newcomers to the citizen-collecting, retro JRPG-inspired role-playing game from ATLUS and Eden Industries have added/improved functionality at their fingertips!
One of the coolest changes is the addition of a retro chiptunes soundtrack menu option to help relive the glory days of the 16-bit era. This applies to every version of the game (PC, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, 3DS). There have also been stability improvements made across the board to help prevent crashes.
The patch should be stumping onto all platforms by April 15.
General Patch Details:
- Minor bug fixes
- Crash/stability fixes
- Reduced encounters in Casino Canyon
- Added checkpoint in Casino Canyon
- Added Retro soundtrack
- Loading times halved